Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ever Thine.. Ever Mine.. Ever Ours..

"Ever Thine. Ever Mine. Ever Ours."

An excerpt from the famous love letters of Beethoven. And it means, he is ever hers as she is ever his and they are ever one. So very beautifully said. These letters were recovered after the death of Beethoven.

I don't recollect when was the last time I had written a letter, let alone a love letter; which to the best of my knowledge I haven't ever. The thought about letters is not only overwhelmingly nostalgic but thought provoking.

I still remember the days when I used to eagerly wait for the letters from my dad with the small paragraphs meant for me and my brother, the letters that i used to write in cursive style flaunting my calligraphy skills and the postcards that i used to send to my friends.

I wonder whether the generations to come would ever experience the joy of writing letters or receiving them from the khaki clad postman. Less efficient and crude ways should always pave way for more efficient ways nevertheless we shouldn't be forgetting them. The day when we will start celebrating "World letters day" doesn't look far-fetched.


========***===*===***========

1 comment:

  1. Junku Babu ,
    It is nice, u have to improve a lot to make it impressive read.

    ReplyDelete